Nessun Dorma

If you haven't heard "Nessun Dorma"-- the famous aria from the opera "Turandot"-- you're seriously missing out.  Not that I'm a huge opera fan (or non-fan--I've never paid much attention to it; but I suspect I could get pretty into it.  It would speak to me.)  but this song is stirring.

I think Haifa has made me tender.  Or I'm just more tender when I'm here- I'm not sure- but sometimes I find the most random things will make me cry-happy, this-is-so-touching tears.  An example.  I was standing in line behind this older couple the other day, waiting to go into one of our holy places for a staff visit, and the husband put his arm around his wife's waist and pulled her into him ever-so-gently, and you could just see it:  that they were a team, had truly become partners.  And I felt a solitary tear trace a path along my cheek with the thought of unity on that intimate level.

I don't know, things like that, all the time.

So, I guess this more sensitive version of myself now craves arias and symphonies.

Anyway, Nessun Dorma.  Listen to it.  The Pavaroti version is supposed to be the best, but right now I'm partial to the Russell Watson rendition.

Hope all is well with everyone:).

Comments