Proof Positive

I've been thinking a lot about the term "accompaniment" and what that means, implies and requires of us; and to me, it ties in with this idea of not criticizing one another.  We should not tell each other what to do but be there for one another as we do it together.  If you see that I'm really bad at something, hold my hand, do it with me, but don't keep telling me how awful I am at that thing. You know?

In any event, I found proof positive that we are not meant to criticize one another!:
Under a grove of trees near Lake Michigan, while in Chicago in 1912, 'Abdu'l-Baha gave intimate and loving counsel to His friends:  'Some of you may have observed that I have not called attention to any of your individual shortcomings.  I would suggest to you, that if you shall be similarly considerate in your treatment of each other, it will be greatly conducive to the harmony of your association with each other. [Vignettes]
My friend Abi also wrote this brilliant and poignant post on the topic.


Comments