Brimmering

So a few posts ago I shared a little bit about my trip to Australia to help facilitate Year 1 of a 4 year program for university students.  Yesterday I got back from facilitating Year 2 of the program in the UK.  I have a soft spot for the UK seminar because it's the first one I ever went to, so the youth this year were the youth I met last year.  It was a gathering of friends, and a sweet one, indeed.  Every seminar I go to, I never cease to feel amazed and inspired by the boundless capacity of these young people!  But more than that, their PURITY.  This year my friend and co-worker, May, joined me as she was to facilitate Year 1.  It was soooo nice to travel with someone else and hear her impressions and see that she was equally struck by the logic-defying purity of these youth.  I say logic defying because it is truly a wonder to me that anyone can grow up in this world and still remain that pure hearted and clean minded.

The seminar ended yesterday and one of the participants was driving us to London for a meeting, and his phone rang, which he had on loudspeaker, and the care and respect he showed to the fellow participant who was on the other line, was so tender and moving that May and I both reached for our hearts and squealed aww at the exact same time (it was the way the two young gentlemen, both 20 years old, greeted each other).  A few hours later we were sitting on a couch together at the elegant National Bahai Centre in London, sharing some of our impressions from the seminar, and she looked at me and said "my heart is so full of joy!" and I said "I know exactly what you mean.  Mine feels like it's going to burst and it's such a pure joy because it has nothing to do with us--it's just joy that human beings like this even exist!" and we both put our hands over our hearts again and smiled.

Friends, I tell you truly, there are some radiant souls in this world.  What a privilege to be alive in this day.

Comments