Intermission

It's been eight years since the last time I posted to this blog. Eight years since I even read any of these entries. Six since I remembered its existence. There has been life lived and lives lost and changes more brutal and gifts more undeserved than anything I could have imagined transpiring over the last eight years. There was even another blog {Glimpses from the Middle Kingdom} detailing some of my experiences over my two years in China. But now I want to write about death. I've been feeling like I want to write about death for a long time, actually, and this morning I woke up committed to do it. Put pen to paper and share the thoughts, the feelings, the details, the grief, the alterations that have come since the person I loved most died three and a half years ago. I was searching for a blog platform when Google reminded me that I already had one. Rather than start something new, let's pick up...not exactly where we left off, but with that cliche eight-year intermission finally out of the way.


Comments

I absolutely love this :) I just had a pretty big cry reading this, and I will keep you and her both in my prayers. I can't wait for the next one :)

Thank you for writing this, Nava. I love you. I never knew your mom but am grateful she raised the inspiring person you are. Will be calling Farahnaz to mind in prayer tonight, and you and your family.

My abuelito died this year. The last time we all saw him was on Baha'u'llah's 200th Birthday. They are all together in the next world honoring Him and celebrating this special year together, waiting to be called upon to help us teach His Cause!