Heartstrings

O SON OF MAN!
If adversity befall thee not in My path, how canst thou walk in the ways of them that are content with My pleasure? If trials afflict thee not in thy longing to meet Me, how wilt thou attain the light in thy love for My beauty?
(The Hidden Words)

Heartstrings tugged on, gently at first. Then faster, then harder, then so much I thought they would break. Then so much, surely, they broke.

"Joonam, azizam, delehman, barayet khoob nist." [Dearest, beloved, my heart, he’s not good for you.] My mother whispered softly in my ears. In the language sweet, she soothed an aching daughter’s fragile heart. As tear-drenched cheeks pressed down on understanding shoulders, her secure hands steadied me. Her gentle heart always soothed my soul. Her vibrant eyes always filled my spirit.

"Joonam, azizam, eshkrehman, gereyeh nakon. Khoshall bash! Khoshall bash!" [Dearest, beloved, my life, don’t cry. Be happy! Be happy!] She stroked my hair and reshaped my face, subtle creases of a smile forming. “He’s protecting you, you know. You can’t see it now. But He is. He loves you. He watches you. He answers your prayers. You can’t see it now, but He’s protecting you.”

She pulled me in tighter and reminded me of the love in His grace. The warmth in His fire, and the mercy in His tests. The heartstrings that pulled and ached and sometimes even broke could only be mended by His able hands. How lucky I was that He chose to play on mine at all! For in every ache and in every cry, I turned my heart to Him and sipped of His mercy. I lay tearstained cheeks on Sacred threshold and inhaled sweet perfumes of compassion wafting over me. As body quivered and trembled, I beheld beauty in His calming embrace.

He watches you. He loves you. He’s protecting you. Khoshal bash, khoshal bash!”
In language sweet, she saved me. “Be happy! Be happy!” On heartstrings played, He loved me.

Comments

j'taimee said…
That's really lovely, Nava.