Glimpses

This weekend was sublime.  My friend Julia and I co-facilitated a weekend study of a book called "Arising to Serve" and all of the participants were between 14-17 y.o.  It was AMAZING.  Not that I've forgotten because I swear these days I dream of being back in the classroom sometime, but it was such a reminder of how much I love teaching, can't wait to go back to the high school setting, and how amazing that age group is.  And with a book like this you get glimpses of the true nature of people.  Not the iPod carrying, facebook obsessed, too-cool-for-school generation we've become, but the tender, loving, uninhibited reality just itching to reveal itself.

I'll exercise brevity which has never been my strong suit and not get into the details but it was fantastic.  We laughed, we cried (happy, 'this-is-so-touching' crying), we DANCED :), we learned, we deepened, we prayed, we sang, we bonded, we served, and we grew.  It was simply the perfect weekend.

A glimpse of the life that awaits when I leave: motherhood (as Julia and I were mother hens all weekend, finding the balance between discipline and fun), teaching, junior youth classes in the bahai community, study circles, home visits...so much to look forward to, and what a wonderful place to be to prepare for it all.

I have to say, this week was one of the most intense ever. A lot of things changed very suddenly and unexpectedly in my life, and I was feeling overwhelmed and under-prepared to deal with it all, but this weekend was just what I needed.  Perspective.  Such a gift, really and truly.

And I am obsessed with all those youth now!  Such a great group.  Ahhh! I could gush all day:)

Comments