Universals and Particulars

So tonight I read the Tablet of the Universe for the first time and my mind was blown.  It's at times like these when I realize what a disservice I have done myself with my frequent over-emphaticness and enthusiasm as it then becomes very difficult to distinguish between degrees of greatness.  So, acknowledging full well that I often use hyperbole when describing how good I think something is, I tell you truly, this Tablet is absolutely mind blowing.  I've only read it once but I plan on keeping it by my bedside and re-reading it for the rest of the week.

I don't think I understood a tenth of a tenth of a tenth of what is in there, but, I feel my consciousness has already been expanded.  Probably, these are delusions of mine...:)  But it's amazing.  Check it out!

Tablet of the Universe


An excerpt:

For physical things are signs and imprints of spiritual things; every lower thing is an image and counterpart of a higher thing. Nay, earthly and heavenly, material and spiritual, accidental and essential, particular and universal, structure and foundation, appearance and reality and the essence of all things, both inward and outward -- all of these are connected one with another and are interrelated in such a manner that you will find that drops are patterned after seas, and that atoms are structured after suns in proportion to their capacities and potentialities. For particulars in relation to what is below them are universals, and what are great universals in the sight of those whose eyes are veiled are in fact particulars in relation to the realities and beings which are superior to them. Universal and particular are in reality incidental and relative considerations. 

Comments

borna said…
this part: "... you will find that drops are patterned after seas, and that atoms are structured after suns in proportion to their capacities and potentialities." reminded of the concept of fractals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractals) which was a term coined by Benoit Mandelbrot in 1975, although its roots can be traced back to the late 1800s, but quite interesting still!
N. said…
That's so cool B! Also I updated the pics on the other one so it's not quite as emo. haha.