Bring Me Back

My favorite tv show, not just of the moment, but really, of all time (really, truly) is So You Think You Can Dance.  This may sound ridiculous, but I cannot watch that show and be in a bad mood.  Seriously.  It also holds really special memories for me.  I missed the first season, but started watching it two years ago, and it reminds me of being home from college over the summers, and watching it with my dad.  We'd both get SO into it--for some reason we never seemed to be home when the episodes would actually air, so we'd pre-set the VCR to tape it, and then stay up late into the night whenever we'd gotten home from whatever activity had kept us, and would watch together.  Laugh at the funny ones, gasp at the great ones, and yes, occasionally even cry at the moving ones.  There's something about that show which can be incredibly touching at times.

So even though I'm in Israel and he's in Puerto Rico, this show really brings me back.  It premiered last night, and I'm in the middle of watching it, and I can't keep this huge smile from creeping up on my face--from sheer enjoyment of the show, and memories of summers' past. We'd always pause in between dancers, and I'd fill my dad in on whatever excitement was happening in my life, too.  He'd give me advice about everything from boys to making wise choices (especially last summer as I tried to get in the right frame of mind for coming here) and then we'd get back into the episode, huge smiles plastered on our happy faces.

I love you, Daddy. :-)

And, btw, I guarantee this will NOT be my last entry about the greatness that is SYTYCD!!!!

Comments