Life Updates..

A few posts ago I mentioned that there were certain things I wouldn't even know to pray about but that were total answers to prayers that might be coming to pass...Well, my plans have become concrete so now I'm allowed to say it out loud and stop speaking in code.

Basically, I was due to leave here this coming January. And as much as I love being here, I was feeling ready. Missing quite a few things, and education more than anything. But over my time here I began to wonder if I did want to remain a classroom teacher or if I might one day pursue a PhD or some other opportunity that would help me contribute on a larger scale to the field of education. So one day in the Shrine of Baha'u'llah I silently whispered on the threshold that I would love for Him to use me in my field, in whatever way He knew me to be capable of contributing. That was all I said, all I hoped for. And now, about 6 months after this prayer, I was offered a position in the Institute for Studies in Global Prosperity. That means that I'm going to be here a little longer than originally planned (ie. til June 2011!) but not only will I get to be in one of the most wonderful places on earth, I'll get to be working with my favorite discipline on earth. The most incredible part is how it all happened. The doors just opened without me even knocking, really. I didn't apply for the position, never ever would have imagined I would get such an incredible opportunity, and everything has just come together so naturally. As my wise father pointed out to me, "This should be an indication that when something is right, Nava, it's right." People need not claw their way or step over others to get the things they want in life. I truly believe that.

Here's a little blurb about ISGP:

The Institute for Studies in Global Prosperity (ISGP) is an incorporated, non-profit educational and research organization. Its mission is to provide a forum for the exploration of concepts and the analysis of programs of action that address the generation and application of knowledge and the development of appropriate social structures in order to achieve positive and enduring change for the betterment of society.

The Institute explores new concepts and models of social transformation. It seeks to foster fresh approaches to current social questions by examining the connections between the ethical, spiritual, and material dimensions of life. Its activities are inspired by the principles and ideals of the Bahá’í Faith.

The Institute engages in research, produces publications, and sponsors events such as conferences, seminars and symposia on issues relevant to the processes that shape an ever advancing civilization in search of global peace and prosperity.



Comments

Sholeh said…
Great news, Nava!! :-)