It's that time of year again!

SUMMER!!

Skirts.
Sandals.
Icecream. (okay, icecream is all year long)
TRAVELLING! (Australia, the UK, and possibly el caribe!)
annnnnd....

yes...you know what's coming...

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. 

My favorite favorite favorite show EVER.

From FB, Sammy, Ashley and my brilliant commentary on the new format of SYTYCD:

Nava to Samantha and Ashley: have you heard the news about SYTYCD! An ALL-STARS season? I think it's a great idea, except COMFORT?! and DOMINIC?! That's putting their partners at such a disadvantage. I also think it's interesting that none of them are actual season winners, and that none of the REALLY great dancers like Travis, Danny, Will or Katie were brought back. Or super popular ones like Kherington (although I guess Twitch was super popular.) Anyway I'm reallyyyyy excited, and yes, a giant nerd.
Ashley: AHHH group wall posts!!! Good cal NavKav. YES I have heard the news and i am a little confused about some of the all stars too! It made me feel better when I found out that the contestants pick partners every week and do whatever genre their partner does, so Comfort and Dominic will only be doing hip hop/krump/whatever, which they are both great at. But yeah, I soooo wish Travis and/or Danny were coming back! I have a good feeling though, I think this season is going to be good!
Samantha: I guess this will be interesting to say the least. While I am happy that they are bringing All-Stars back, I hope this does not detract from the current contestants. They could have brought back better All-Stars, like Ashley and myself. Right Shley?
Nava: Ohhh I didn't know that about the genres, but still, DOMINIC?... sammy, you guys were ROBBED!
Ashley: Yes, my specialties are Krump and Contemporary/Cultural. They're missing out.
Nava: cultural? is that even a genre?! haha my specialty is interpretive and poetry-dance.
Samantha: Mine is the Macarena. I rock that.
Ashley: YES it's a genre, duh. And this Wikipedia article confirms it! And answers your ballroom question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So_You_Think_You_Can_Dance_(season_7)
Samantha: Nava had obviously not done her SYTYCD research. Slacker!
Ashley: And I agree about Dominic. Maybe the others are too busy filming Step Up to The Streets 6? And yes don't think you're the only nerd.
Nava: step up to the streets 6-hahaha so true. also, sammy, based on this encyclopedia article cultural counts so maybe next year you actually can audition with mexico's most famous cultural dance: the chicken dance. i'd totally partner with you after doing Puerto Rico's most famous cultural dance: el perreo.
Ashley: Ummm what about me belly dancing? Don't leave out the Arab!
Samantha : sweet...i'm there! I'll start practicing Nava!
Nava: oh ash...youll never be as good as this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nIBYNx3oo
Ashley: OMG EWWW

Comments

Zhena said…
you're so cute!!!
N. said…
awww merci sistah!