So long, farewell...

My buddy/BFF/co-teacher/awesomest [one of the] guy I know William Samari is leaving the World Centre tomorrow.

Oh friends.  This is a sad day.  A sad day indeed.

The Baha'i World Centre is the most dynamic place I have ever lived.  People constantly coming and going, ideas evolving, realities reshaping, and so on and so forth.  The flow of individuals to and from is nothing unexpected and so in a sense we become desensitized to it.  I have made many many close and dear friends in my time here and have missed many of them acutely when they've left.  But Will's departure is especially saddening.

He has become such a brother to me.  I really love him as fully as you can love another human being of the opposite sex without being in love with them.  Our Baha'i school experience together, especially, has solidified our friendship and he is someone I have come to turn to for advice, counsel and, more than anything, levity and laughter.  He just has this warm happy outlook on life and he's able to make even the most 'dramatic'-seeming things seem normal and OKAY. 

William joon! I'm going to miss you so much! Come back soon.

:(

Comments