I guess you could call this 'topical': Giving Thanks

As I've been searching for jobs and finding the market to be more bleak than I had anticipated, and finding that district after district that I'd been eyeing are having hiring freezes, it's been really tempting to feel despair.  But I am trying my hardest to have faith and hope and to earnestly believe that the right door will open.  Even if it's not the door I'd originally planned on knocking on?  I've been reading this passage and I find it so soothing and reassuring.  One of my all-time favorites, really:
O thou who hast bowed thyself down in prayer before the Kingdom of God! Blessed art thou, for the beauty of the divine Countenance hath enraptured thy heart, and the light of inner wisdom hath filled it full, and within it shineth the brightness of the Kingdom. Know thou that God is with thee under all conditions, and that He guardeth thee from the changes and chances of this world and hath made thee a handmaid in His mighty vineyard.
What more could I want out of life, really?  I love that..."He guardeth thee from the changes and changes of this world..."  One of the attributes of God that I've been meditating on recently is "the Tender One".  God is the most tender.  So His creation (us) should also be tender.  I think in this social matrix of competition and thinking of yourself first, we're often harsh and aggressive with one another.  I've been fortunate to have affectionate, loving and tender people in my life since I was very young, and this is one of the things I am most thankful for.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, whether or not they celebrated Thanksgiving, and I hope we al remember to give thanks in our deeds:)  Love to all my friends and family!

Comments