A Curious Thing

Blogging:  what a curious thing

"Self forgetfulness is the key to self mastery"

Is blogging the equivalent of self adulation?  Even a blog that isn't dedicated to describing oneself seems a bit...pretentious.  Just the idea of it--something about posting your thoughts...it just implies that you have valuable things to say that other people should want to read.  Or that's how it strikes me, sometimes.  This is why I've only made cameo appearances in the blogosphere-- first on myspace and then on facebook.  But, I finally caved and decided to start one.

I am currently living in Haifa, Israel.  In the spiritual and administrative center of the world's youngest religion, the Baha'i Faith.  It is a most beautiful faith, and a most precious spot.  I am learning so much, and I sense if ever there were a moment to write something even remotely worth skimming over, it is now.  

So, forgive me if I rant or ramble or talk too much about myself.  I fully acknowledge that my words, my thoughts, are simply my ten cents in this trillion dollar enterprise. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for your ten cents. I find them refreshingly honest. Self reflection is a rewarding journey. I'm equally rewarded by learning of your faith. Your words are helping more people than you know.
N. said…
Wow, thank you! What a kind thing to say; I really appreciate it...:-)