I heart good

So, millions of Americans have been obsessed with American Idol since it started about 7 years ago.  To be frank, I never really got it.  I watched an episode here or there but never really felt the pull.  I was, however, completely addicted to the show's dancing counterpart "So You Think You Can Dance".  In any event, my flatmate recently got me to start watching Idol with her, and much to my own surprise (and dismay), I really like it.

Seriously.

I adore, and I know I tend to fawn about a lot of things/people, but I really and truly adore, David Archuleta.  I know, get in line.   This kid is sooooo good.  I don't mean good musically (although-heck yes!) I mean good as in good person.  Good heart.  He just radiates kindness, sweetness.  He has a pure heart.  And everyone's crazy about him.  Which makes me so happy- it just reaffirms that at our core, we are all (or most of us) attracted to goodness.  We gravitate towards people who are light, who are joyful, who have that special something.

And boy has David got it.

Here's a link to the boy wonder's most recent performance on A.I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovborwDaooQ

Comments