Wake Up, Fall Asleep

Last night my flatmates and I hosted an Ayyam-i-Ha musical devotional, and it was so nice! Our friends are so talented:) Anyway, our friend Howard made two huge pots of chili, Rox and I made a bunch of desserts, and Nat made the side dishes. We started the night with a few prayers (gotta feed the soul first!), then sat around and ate all the yummy food, then we had the musical devotions, then desserts, and then musical catchphrase.

It was, in my opinion, the perfect evening. Food, friends, and praise. What could be better? Praying together really serves to bind the hearts, I think, and singing even more so! Music can be so uplifting.

Anyway, I had a really wonderful time last night. Really wonderful:) And I wanted to share a link to one of the songs-"Wake Up, Fall Asleep"- that my friend Ray sang last night. He actually wrote it for the occasion! And it was the first song he's ever written. I think it's brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl8sRhcDOSA
 
(My favorite lyrics from the song):
And I faked, this for a while
Hid away, where it was dry
Hoped and prayed, for a good life
Ocean I Am Nigh

Enjoy, everyone. And Happy Ayyam-i-Ha!

Comments