I plan ahead

I dont know if it's good or bad, or maybe it depends on the occasion, but I plan ahead.  Not with everything, but with a lot of things.  For instance, this summer I'm probably going to the UK at the end of August.  So in MARCH, 5 months ahead essentially, I emailed three of my favorites, Matt, Natalie and Kamran, who live there and already started planning things for us to do.  Kamran responded by pointing out the high-amusement factor in my neurosis.  So..wait...this isnt normal? ha, i guess not.

Currently I find myself with 14 months of my service to go and then the next step, whatever that is.  Fourteen months is kind of a long time.  Certainly long enough for me not to be worrying about the next step-and I'm not- but come nine months I will be.  So rather than allow myself to get to the 9-month, wow-Im-freaking-out mark, I'm planning ahead.  (Planning ahead on my planning ahead.  See above mentioned neurosis.)  I'm not really sure what's next.  For a while I thought it was China.  There were "signs" and "gut feelings" but now I see it's not China. 

I'm thinking the US or South America.  And I have 3 very specific places in mind for each of those regions (so 6 total) but now I have to figure out what the tipping point in favor of one of those six will be.  And that I am not sure about.  I guess some things do take time.

Oh patience, how thou dost elude me.

Comments

Jen said…
Nava,
I'm the same. I feel I over plan too - sometimes I think it's good, sometimes bad. In the end though - somehow it all works out, even if not how I planned. ;)