Persevere.

Yesterday was a glorious day.  Honestly, I had a bit of a hard week.  "Stuffed something up" (as my Aussie friends would say) at work and felt really embarrassed and inadequate.  Then on top of that this year I've been participating in something all year long and have been feeling like someone else could have done a MUCH better job but I didn't quit because...you just don't flake out on people like that...but I wanted to.  Many times.  

So then yesterday the latter activity was occurring once again, but something happened.  It was like all of a sudden all of the struggles and hardships of the year, all of the things I had been thinking should have been manifesting themselves but never would suddenly did.  All in one day.  Like a perfect little afternoon gift wrapped and sprinkled with...chocolate!  Later that night one of the people involved in the endeavor wrote me the sweetest, most loving, most encouraging email, and I realized that...some things just take time.  Some things are easy right away--many are not. But you don't just give up.  You give yourself and others space to grow.  Time to change.  To learn.

I don't know.  It was the most wonderful afternoon.  As I've already waxed poetic about, I also read the Ridvan letter which brought smiles to my face all day long.  Had a really enlightening chat with my buddy Will who somehow has the ability to help me change my stubborn mind about things. And I just felt...clear-headed.

No doubts.  No worries.

Like I'm on the path and it's the RIGHT one, and I just need the patience and steadfastness to stay the course.

For these things I pray.  And for the many blessings I bow my head in gratitude.

Comments